Dan Elash, Ph.D. Director of Strategic Mentoring US
I have over 35 years of experience helping business organizations, teams, and individuals realize their potentials. My role has been to guide their vision, thought and practice in ways that led to better results through higher productivity. As a leader, visionary, counselor, and strategic thinker, I bring a deep background in behavioral science and broad business experience to my role as a mentor. The goal has always been to help deliver the value that organizations and individuals promise to their customers and stakeholders. This includes helping organizations nurture and leverage their financial, human, and intellectual capital.
Over the years, I have consulted to a wide range of companies in a broad swath of businesses and industries.
- From the Innovation Centers of Eaton to ARAmark to The Hartford I have coached leadership and developed employees to further realize their potentials.
- From Chemical Waste Management to Structure’s Design Studio to Dawn Food Products I have helped organizations to select, develop, and successfully focus and deploy their talent.
- From Jo-Ann Fabrics to Toyota Manufacturing North America to Rockwell Graphics I have advised organizations to create high performance teams, and to keep their people focused on how to work together collaboratively, and think strategically about building brand equity.
- As adjunct faculty from diverse institutions as the U.S. Naval War College, the UMKC Medical School, or the University of Virginia I have both taught there and also learned lessons that I translate into effective Main Street business strategies and practices.
- My work has run the gamut from Fortune 250-sized organizations, mid-sized companies in a variety of industries, to family owned businesses, and non-profit organizations and associations.
Through my work with for-profit companies, professional organizations, or non-profit entities, I bring an unusually broad set of learning and experience that I use to inform my mentoring practice. Working with the people side of the enterprise, I help organizations to successfully fulfill their vision and missions.
In addition to my broad management consulting experience, my earlier career provided a depth of forensic and clinical work that continues to inform my consulting and mentoring:
- I have done numerous evaluations and treatment plans for the courts, attorneys, and the Department of Family services as an expert witness in both criminal and family courts.
- I have done continuing educational programs for the Kansas City Bar Association and the UMKC Law School.
- I was a diplomat, (having advanced expertise) in the American College of Forensic Psychologists. Now retired.
- Provided in-service for law enforcement officers in both Kansas and Maine.
- I completed my Ph.D. in clinical psychology, with a minor in organizational change.
- I have worked in a variety of clinical settings including private practice, community mental health centers, and in a state mental hospital (including the forensic ward).
- As a psychologist, I have been on staff at two medical hospitals, an HMO, and had privileges at several other hospitals.
- I was a diplomat, in the American Board of Medical Psychotherapists. Now Retired
- I was a key note speaker at the National Community Mental Health Center’s convention
A Few Examples of Many Publications
- Elash, D.D., “Are You A Sucker for A Good Excuse?” Expertaccess.cincom.com,
- Elash, D.D., “Authenticity and Leadership”
- Elash, D.D., “Leadership in Uncertain Times,” CW Bulletin, Apr. 2009.
- Elash, D.D., “Excuses Inevitably Lead To Value Destruction,” Leader-Values.Com, Feb, 2010.
- Elash, D.D., “Infusing Your Organization with Energy and Hope,” Leader-Values.Com, July, 2010, .
- Elash, D.D., “Thought Killers: How Leaders Lower Their Followers’ IQs And What To Do About It,” Global Sources: Chief Executive China, June 2004, pp. 58-61.
- Elash, D.D., and Kumar, K.B.S., Leadership Imperatives, ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad, India, 2006.
- Elash, D.D., Doing It Right: Realizing Your Company’s Potential, iBizresources, New York, New York, 2003.